This simple and yummy meal whips away the embarrassment of choice combining delicious ingredients of lasagna and turning them into rich Lasagna Soup.
This easy recipe is perfect for weeknights as it comes together in no time and makes yummy and filling dinner for entire family.
For Lasagna Soup you will need
- 1-1/2 lbs Italian sausage
- 3 cups chopped onions (about 1 1/2 large onions)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 28 oz petite-diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Note: You may not add any salt because the sausage, tomatoes, broth and cheese are salty enough.
If you want to use less salty chicken stock, make your own. It’s so easy to make it at home. Watch the recipe for Homemade Chicken Stock.
There are just few more ingreditens left. Find them on the next page together with easy video directions.