Need healthy and yummy appetizer or side? This recipe for Spinach Feta Rice Balls is what you need. It can make yummy appetizer or delicious healthy side in a very short time. It’s perfect to use your rice leftovers or if you want to cook it from scratch.
This rice balls integrate carbohydrates with veggies and proteins in a form of tasty Feta cheese, which makes them a complete meal. Plus, they’re bake in muffin tin, so you can rest assured they are healthy for sure.
For Spinach Feta Rice Balls you’re gonna need:
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice (1 cup uncooked rice, prepared according to package directions)
12 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 oz crumbled feta
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided (melt 3 Tbsp of it and use the 4th for sautéing the onion and garlic)
- fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp salt (taste before adding eggs and adjust to taste)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
Watch the steps in the video on the next page.